Tuesday, 26 January 2010
Posted: 26 Jan 2010 10:47 AM PST
Mosquito spraying drugs made from chemical ingredients DEET is not good for the human body. Intent site mentions, some research indicates that the compound DEET (Diethyl-meta-toluamide) on drug-related spraying brain damage. Now, instead of using harmful substances in the home, better choose a natural, right?
Here are some natural substances are able to drive the mosquitoes naughty.
* Citronella. This is one of the most famous able to drive mosquitoes. To be applied, choose pure citronella essential oil, not oil air freshener (fragrance oil). Fragrance oil which is used to burn is not enough to rub and dispel the mosquitoes.
* Soybean oil. The New England Journal of Medicine reported that soybean oil is as effective as DEET mosquito repellent. Soybean oil prices were quite affordable, plus good for moisturizing the skin. Other research says that the content in soy can slow the growth of hair on the body when applied.
* Catnip. Some kind of fragrant plant called the effectiveness of catnip is suspected to have 10 times better than DEET in mosquito dispel.
* Neem seed oil, extracted from plants that grow in India reportedly more effective than DEET. This research was issued by the Institute of Malaria in India.
* Lavender. Lavender oil also has a fragrant scent and has a calming effect, both to dispel the mosquitoes. Look for the lavender essential oil on the body dibalurkan. Or, lavender-scented soap.
* Garlic. Mosquitoes can not stand the smell of garlic. If you are really bothered by mosquitoes, try to eat lots of garlic, the smell will come out through your skin. Of course if you do not have a problem with this body odor.
Posted: 26 Jan 2010 10:35 AM PST
Why do mosquitoes like swarming around our bodies and clothes? To answer that question, ecological chemist Walter Lear examine whether such a man produces the inviting smell of mosquitoes. He and his colleagues discovered a substance that they seek, namely nonanal, a substance produced by humans and birds that emit scents invite Culex mosquitoes.
He initially experimented on himself. "I measure myself," said Leal. His colleagues put a tool like an injection in her skin, then wrapped with aluminum foil for insulation. After an hour, the end of the plunger is inserted into an instrument to measure the levels of nonanal.
"It realy was my body produce a lot enough of nonanal," Leal said, "I think my body releases 20 nanograms (nonanal) per hour. That is considered high."
Leal is now aware that this is the reason why it was when he was in Mexico, despite doing preventive measures, he still hunted mosquitoes.
"So many Mosquitoes, I almost could not believe it," he reminisced, "I sprayed DEET (anti-mosquito) everywhere, to the hair. And when am I aware of the mosquitoes bite even through my shirt, and thick enough. If missed one point, it will be found mosquitoes, and bitten. Mosquitoes can bite through even jeans, as long as they know that behind it there is blood vessels. They also can detect body heat. "
|You are subscribed to email updates from Matrix XD |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email delivery powered by Google|
|Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610|
posted by Computer @ 22:05, ,